About Plages Landes
Why was the “Plages Landes” service created?
Plages-Landes” was designed to provide beachgoers in the Landes with reliable, up-to-date information on weather conditions, beach services and equipment, and bathing conditions.
Who created it?
Plages-Landes.info website is managed by Landes Attractivité (formerly the “Comité Départemental du Tourisme des Landes”), whose mission is to promote the regional brand “Landes, Terre des possibles” and to develop the Landes department’s potential to attract tourists in partnership with the Departmental Council, tourist offices, participating local authorities and Chambers of Commerce. Our goal is to boost the region’s growth and improve quality of life in the department.
“Plages-Landes” – a collective achievement.
The“Plages-Landes” service comprises many different sources of information:
- Information provided by Landes Attractivité and SMGBL, the joint committee managing Landes bathing waters (information about risks, environmental protection, etc.)
- Information provided by tourist offices (equipment, services, lifeguard duty times, etc.)
- Weather information provided by the METEOREM agency (weather, wind, tides, etc.)
- Information provided by lifeguards (flag colours, sea temperature, swell, etc.)
- Information about surf conditions provided by WINDGURU If you have any questions or comments about the “Plage Landes” website, please contact us.
If you have any questions or comments about the “Plage Landes” website, please contact us.